Sunday, March 23, 2008

Preparing For Easter

The kids had fun coloring Easter Eggs today. I got the eggs boiled on Thursday and yet, we didn't seem to get around to coloring the eggs until 4pm Saturday afternoon. Crazy.

Emma seems to enjoy the coloring process. But she didn't like to leave her eggs in the dye very long. She, of course, was the first one done coloring her box of eggs. And, she dropped one before it was colored. So instead, she ate it.

Ian enjoyed watching us from the table eating hotdogs and pasta.

Spencer was the one that wanted to leave his eggs in the dye for about 10 minutes a piece. That is until I told him he had to go faster.

Something about the Egg Coloring Process always stresses me out though. I really enjoy doing the fun things with the kids. But I worry about the cups getting knocked over. And probably because I have a few kids that are old enough and should be able to do it a lone. And then I have some that are not old enough and big enough. And if Emma sees Shantal doing something, of course she doesn't understand why she can't.

We all survived the Egg Coloring and have a plan in place for hiding the eggs in the morning.

I also got all the "baskets" filled tonight. I am excited to see the kids faces in the morning. Although, I know I won't be seeing their faces because I will still be asleep when Emma decides to make her way down stairs. She will be eating everyone's candy before they get up.

And now that I think about that.....maybe I need to put them up so she can't get to them first. Seriously, Emma will come down the stairs between 2am and 5am. I caught her one morning at 2:30am in our living room playing yatzee. Of course, when that happens, I take her straight back to bed.

Here are some pictures of our Easter Preperations.

















1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Your family looks so cute all sitting at the table. Our egg coloring was a little chaotic this year. I let them decorate them first with paints and then they dyed them. Needless to say we had really ugly eggs this year.

March 2007