Sunday, March 2, 2008

Hannah's Birthday Party

Friday Night we had Hannah's First Ever Official Slumber Party. She has slept at other people's houses before. But never for a party. And she has not had friends sleep over here before. So she was really looking forward to this day.

She had invited 8 girls from her class. And I have to say that this sleep over was the EASIEST slumber party we have ever had. Not only was it the easiest slumber party, but it was the easiest party we have ever thrown.

The girls showed up at 5pm. They got all their stuff settled in the basement and I had a scavenger hunt all set up for them. They split up into teams of 2 and went through my house looking for items. While they were doing that, I went in the kitchen to make Pasta for dinner.

After dinner, I played bingo with the girls and then they made Lacing Cards. They all went in the basement and got their pajamas on so they could start the movie. But before the movie began, Hannah opened her presents. She was so funny, because she told each girl something different that she wanted. And she got almost everything she asked for. Some of the girls went in together on presents. She got: A Pocket Knife (a big thing here in Germany for the kids & yes, she asked for this.....I was surprised!), A Barbie Magazine, A Ring, An Activity Book, 2 sets of Polly Pockets and a make your own purse Kit.

Afterwards, they started the movie and she choose to watch Shrek the third. I went in and made Popcorn and gathered baggies of candy for each girl. I also put homemade chocolate chip cookies in the oven. The girls were a bit shocked when they first ate the popcorn. I only own Salted Popcorn as that is what we are used to. But here in Germany, they eat their popcorn with sugar. I had girls asking me for sugar that night. So the popcorn was not a huge hit with these 7 year old German Girls. But they LOVED the Chocolate Chip Cookies. Thank goodness my mom brought me some Brown Sugar when she visited in December.

After the Movie, they brushed their teeth and got ready for bed. It was a little after 9pm when I had everyone settled and quiet. They were allowed to whisper, but they had to keep it softly as not to wake up Ian. Plus, there were some girls there who were ready to sleep. The first girl fell asleep by 9:30 and they were all asleep by 10:30pm.

This was such a change from the Shantal and Spencer Slumber Parties last year. And I was thrilled for that.

On the other hand, all the girls were up by 6am. And then they woke up the rest of my kids with their loudness. I got up and made breakfast. The usual brotchens, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, meats & cheese's, fruits and veggies. After breakfast, they gathered their stuff up and did one more art project. The parents came as they were finishing that up at 10am.

Hannah is more than welcome to have another slumber party anytime.



All the girls making Lacing Cards


Hannah opening her Pocket Knife. These are two of her best friends here in Germany!



All the girls, plus Emma, before the Movie Started.



Bedtime!



Breakfast Saturday Morning

5 comments:

Coleen said...

How fun!! It's so fun to see these pictures now that I've been there and everything is familiar, hehe.

Cindy aka HappyStamper aka Sealion said...

It looks like the girls had a good time. Glad it went so easily for you!

Wendy Reed said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!

Look at all those cute kiddos! So fun!

Smiles,
Wendy
http://wendyreed.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Lisa said...

Awww it looks and sounds like it was a wonderful party. Happy Birthday to Hannah! I'm glad that it wasn't too bad for you even though they were up a little early the next day. ;)

Kay said...

Happy Birthday to Hannah! We were in Puerto Vallarta for her birthday, but I thought of her and Grandpa and I sany Happy Birthday to her. Did you hear it??? Glad she had such a fun party and that it went so well.

March 2007