Friday, March 28, 2008

Carrot Stew, Carrot Stew

looking at the food photos on Mausi's site always awakes wonderful senses in the soul. But one picture in particular brought back a great memory from my childhood - Carrot Stew.

The memory stems from the book the Tawney, Scrawny Lion and a song that was part of the read-along-tape called Carrot Stew. My dad listened to the song a few times and figured out how to pick out the melody on the guitar. I recall that he would sing the song to us in the evening when we were heading towards bed. I don't recall the story nearly as much as I remember dancing around and singing carrot stew, carrot stew . . . while my dad strummed on the guitar.




According to one reviewer, the audio book on CD no longer contains the sweet carrot stew song. But, if I find the song I'll post it. It's a beauty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a little late to the party but just wanted to add...

Oh yeah, Carrot Stew rocked. The favorite song of our family. I forgot there was a book that went with the orange tape.

Looking for a recipe to use up some carrots. Googling I thought would it be carrot soup or carrot stew? Stew of course, then way leads on to way and here I am :)

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EYhOQKv0D4

I would edit to add your picture of carrot stew and bunny biscuits, if you would permit it.

March 2007