Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Emma's 2nd Birthday

The short of the story is.........

Two years ago, I was at a weekend Scrapbooking Event. It was Friday Night. I was getting ready to head to bed. It was almost midnight. I must mention, I was pregnant and 5 days over due. As I went to bed, my famous last words were.....Don't worry. I'll see everyone tomorrow. This baby is not going anywhere. After going to my hotel room and getting ready for bed. I laid down, my friend and I started talking for perhaps half an hour. Then almost drifting off to sleep. I thought to myself, I think I need to go to the bathroom one more time before I sleep so I can sleep longer. I started to move in the bed when I heard a "POP". I woke my friend up and told her I think my water just broke. That or I'm peeing the bed! I could not believe it as I had never experienced my water breaking on its own before. Called Gardner and told him to meet me at the hospital. I got to the hospital at 2:30 in the morning. I had a baby at 6:45 in the morning on Saturday May 14th. The best part of the story......I was back at the hotel Sunday Morning at 10am to finish out the crop with brand new baby Emma.Yes, today Emma is 2 years old. My kids are so excited that she has a birthday. I plan on making a Cake. We have some friends coming over for dinner tonight. She got a tricycle and some sandals for her birthday from us. She LOVES the tricycle and did not want to get off of it to go to nap.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMA!

Here is a picture of Emma on her tricycle.


This is Emma opening her present from Hannah.



Emma blowing out her candles. It was so much fun, she asked to blow them out a second time. We went ahead and lit the candles for a second time. When she asked for a third time, I said no.


She was loving the ice cream. She was eating it with her hands, not a spoon. BRRRRR.

This is what she got from Shantal for her birthday. Emma was very happy when she opened the box to see the crown and sunglasses she always would take from Shantal to wear.

2 comments:

.jessica jo. said...

happy birthday emma!!! i remember your birthday story tamara! crazy girl you! lol

The Petrini Post said...

That's a cool labor story. I love checking your blog and esp. all your scrapbooking ideas.
Cousin Melissa

March 2007