Monday, March 26, 2007

Sunshine Day

So today was a very nice day outside! It does not happen that often that it is warm enough and dry enough to go outside. I took Emma to the park two times. Once before I picked up the kids from school and another this afternoon when we all went to the park together. Emma loves going to the park. Her favorite thing is the slide.

Ian is eating some foods now. This last week, I introduced him to Mashed Potatoes, fried potatoes, crackers, bananas, cheerios and bread. And of course, you can not forget the pretzels he used to get from Emma or off the floor in weeks past. He totally loves food. He smiles so big and does this mmmmm sound. People at church were laughing yesterday because I was feeding him bread and he kept doing it real loud.

I picked up Hannah from school today. And she said to me....Mom, I started going to the bathroom at school. I've gone three times now I think. OK, you might think this to be strange, but this is my girl who last year in preschool would go in her pants instead of using the bathroom at school. She would hold it as long as she could and hope she could make it home. She never went to the bathroom in Preschool or Kindergarten in Utah. So this is a huge step. Once she does something she is afraid of doing or something she does not let herself do, then she does it all the time. I don't know why she never let herself go to the bathroom at school before, I'm just glad she does now. This was a big hurdle and I told her I was proud of her.

No comments:

March 2007