Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Flu

OK, it is a bad thing sometimes that I let too much time pass by between my entries, because my mind is not so good at remembering what happened 10 minutes ago, let a lone, a few days ago.

One thing is, yesterday, almost the whole family broke out with the flu. Started out at 4am when I heard someone throwing up. It was Shantal. Then at 6 am, Emma started in. In total, Emma threw up yesterday 4 times. Then Gardner started getting nauseated, and then Spencer started throwing up. He insists that he threw up 6 times, but he was only in the bathroom one time. Needless to say, we canceled everything we had planned for yesterday and I ran and did all the grocery shopping and just spent a day at home with homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. That and the Star Wars Marathon. Who could ask for better remedies when sick?

Also, we started making fires in our fire place for the first time yesterday. It started getting cold again here and is supposed to snow. But we have not seen that yet. Well, our heat is turned off in our house already. It gets pretty cold, especially at night. So right now, the kids are sleeping in the living room where it is a bit warmer due to the fire. I still brave the cold because there is nothing better than my own bed. I was going to say, the kids love the fires and keep asking if they can roast marshmallows. We don't have those here in Germany. They are so sad about that. They want to make smores. Yet, we don't have graham crackers either. Some how, they don't understand the concept of not having all the ingredients because they still ask.

Hannah went and saw the Psycologist on Thursday morning. Frau Haley is who she saw and she is an American. She said hannah did really good. She talked quite a bit to her. The fact that Frau Haley knows I have kissed a dolphin, Hannah's favorite Icecream is Mint Chocolate Chip and her favorite color is Pink was more than I expected. She is having Hannah come back in a month and she is going to have 3 or 4 other children there to have them interact with each other. We will see how Hannah deals with that kind of situation.

Friday was a nice peaceful day at home. After School, Shantal went over to a friends house and so did Hannah. It is so weird when the kids go play somewhere. I think 2 hours is a long time somewhere else to play. But when I drop them off, and I ask about what time I should come back, it is usually around 4 hours later. Now that is a play date! So strange. I am used to having my kids home and in the house around 5pm so we can eat and start getting ready for bed. But here, the kids all play until 6pm. I really have to alter my plans when the friends come here.

I got a new calling (assignment) at church today. I am the 2nd Counselor in the Young Women's Program. For those that don't know what that is, it is the girls from 12 - 17 years old in our church. We have lessons every Sunday and then an activity every Tuesday night. There are usually around 8 girls every week.

No comments:

March 2007