Sunday, March 11, 2007

Quick Update

Yes, I promise, this one will be quick and short. I am too tired but knew I had to sit down and do a small update.

First off, Spencer DID in fact lose his tooth already. And yes, it was as I said it would be....before he went to bed. Do I know my kids or what? He was in the middle of watching a movie and came up to me and showed me his tooth. He left his tooth on the counter and in the morning, he found a nice, shiney 1 Euro coin in exchange where his tooth once was. He did ask me in the morning where the tooth was. My answer: In a bag on that shelf. Yes, I keep all their teeth. They are all labeled with the date they came out. I'm weird.

Tonight I got a phone call from Frau Lurz (Shantal's Teacher). She said that Shantal can start tomorrow in the 2nd grade. She is going to be in the same class as Spencer, with Frau Hueserich. Shantal cried when I told her. She thought she had a couple of weeks before the switch was happening. But she delt with it in her own way. She went upstairs to be a lone. About 1/2 hour later, I went to check on her. She was in the middle of making a book for her class to tell them she was leaving their class but she would see them at recess. It was a great idea she had and totally made herself feel better. She is definately happy that she will get out of school earlier everyday.

Hannah has been sick today with a stomach ache. And then Emma and Ian both have colds again. I don't know if I have ever mentioned our Heat issues in this house. But let's just say, we have been so hot. We have heated floors and are not allowed to touch the temperature for it. The landlord hires out and has someone come in and take care of it. This man has been out 4 times in the last 2 weeks. Finally, the house is not hot anymore.....but it is cold. So the kids are cold at night and the two smaller ones can not adjust so well I suppose. We are going to live with it being cold. We have been on the hot side and it costs too much money to keep it that way. Plus, we are hoping for spring.

No comments:

March 2007