Monday, May 5, 2008

Momma! Momma!

Today, I drove Gardner to work. Ian's carseat straps got a little lose and he got his arms out. Once we got to Gardner's work, I got out and re-tightened the straps and put his arms back in. He was not a happy boy.

So we dropped off Gardner and I was driving back home and all of a sudden I realized that I wasn't just hearing a screaming little boy who wasn't happy. I heard the distinct clear Momma! Momma! You know the Momma, come save me, help me, cry. As much as the screams drive me crazy at times, today, I was thrilled beyond belief.

You see, Ian is 20 months old and today, he spoke his very first word. And it was Momma! It warmed my heart. I had a huge smile on my face as my little Ian was screaming his little heart out. He said my name! Woo-hoo!

5 comments:

G in Berlin said...

That's so great! Mazel Tov.

Kimberly said...

That is such a cute story. I bet now that he has the first word out there will be a lot more that will follow.

*Nikki* said...

how precious!!
congrats...now you have to be careful about what he will spit out!!!!

Abrickl said...

Wow! I can't believe I found you! I have thought about you all several times over the past 1 1/2 years! Yogita told me today she found you by googling your names - duh - never occured to me! It sounds like you are all adjusting well. I would love to see more pics - could only find ones of hannah at gymnastics - still adorable little girl! Write me! would love to stay in touch!

Gardner said...

Thanks for the great comments. I missed the event, of course. But I'm sure he have lots to say over the coming years.

@amie - great to hear from you back in Wisconsin. Hope you are recovering from all that snow.

March 2007