Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Emma Started Kindergarten!

This is a three part blog entry. It is something I started last night, then added to it this morning, and then added more this afternoon.

LAST NIGHT

So we have been trying to get Emma into a Kindergarten here. Kindergarten is a bit like Preschool. But more. Not quite a day care. And kids go when they are 3 years old.

I decided late to send Emma this next coming year and couldn't find her a spot. I was just going to hold out until she was 4 and Ian was 3 and send them both. When there is more than one child, you only pay for the first one.

Well, today, I had a knock at my door and it was the Kindergarten teacher for the school Hannah used to go to. There is an opening and Emma is in.

She is so in that she is starting tomorrow.

I don't know how Emma will do. But she is only going to go once a week for a bit to get used to it and see how she does. She wasn't going to start until August, but I think it would be great for while I am in America if Gardner can take her there where she can play with other kids.

She is excited to go to school tomorrow. Here's hoping for an easy get away on my part tomorrow.


THIS MORNING

So I took Emma this morning to the Kindergarten. She kept telling me before that she wasn't going to cry because she was a big girl.

And a big girl she was!

We got there and she got to choose a hook that was available to hang her stuff. That will be hers for the rest of the time she goes to school there. There were these 2 older boys who were helping her the whole time. So very cute. She ended up choosing the same hook Hannah had last year. I knew it would happen.

We got her house shoes on, and before I could say anything to her, she was off. Ran into the Doll House, Kitchen area. I did get a kiss from her before I left. And I told her she could look out the window and wave to me. But she declined my offer.

She is only going to be there for 3 hours today. Normally it is 4. And then we will see how she did and what next week will bring.

I hope she does well enough so they will let her start going everyday. Because if she was that happy to be there, I want her to go.

I can't believe she is big enough to go to school already.










THIS AFTERNOON

Emma is home from school! She did so good.

I got there and she was in the craft room cutting and gluing. She looked over, saw me and kept on playing. I just stayed at the school for an hour while she did her thing.

When the kids went out side, she went outside and played. The one teacher said it is as if Emma had been there all year. She fit right in.

Right before they go home, they gather in a circle and sing songs. Emma went right over and sat down. They did songs with actions to them. Of course, Emma didn't know the songs, but she did the actions.

It was so fun to watch her. I was so excited and proud. If you could only know what I went through for years with Hannah, you would understand my true joy that came today.

Emma is allowed to come everyday now instead of a trial period since she did so well.

And they were telling me the kids can start coming when they are actually 2. Trying to convince me to leave Ian. No way. Not happening. Plus, if they are under three, it is so much more expensive. Maybe after Christmas I will re-evaluate. But for now, my little one is going to stay with me.














7 comments:

Tracy said...

Looks like she had a great time. She is adorable!

Lisa said...

I love the progression of the story with the pictures. She looks like she had a wonderful time and did so well. Awwwww, she's a big girl!

Linda said...

That is so wonderful, and just goes to show what an awesome parent you are... she is so secure and well adjusted!!! The pictures are great!

G in Berlin said...

Happy Day! Great that it went so well!For my 2 cents:I put my youngest in this past October, when she was17 months. I wanted the two girls to be in the same school, i door from each other. I stayed for two days in a chair outside and the only time there was a problem was when she saw me, otherwise she was happy as a clam. It was important to me that I be able to take my Deutschekurs and although I could have taken a course with State provided childcare, I actually thought that it would be better for the girls to be together. And they do love it. And otherwise Thing2 would not be speaking German as she is now.

Maria said...

She is so adorable!

Kay said...

Wow!! Good for Emma. When I was there in December I could see how grown up she was. I'm happy for you that things went so well.

Ann said...

Wow! She's 3 already. She looks like she had a great time at preschool. Tell your family Hi from the Nelsons.

March 2007