Saturday, December 20, 2008

My Sister, Coleen

The last few days have been pretty hard on me. Emotionally, I have been a wreck. My little sister, who I might add is not so little as she is 30, got married yesterday. She is one of my best friends and I couldn't be there. This totally and completely has broken my heart. I have cried for many days before hand. I never thought me not being there would be so hard on me. I know we could never afford for me to fly out there. But oh how I longed to be there yesterday with her.

Yesterday, a few hours before the wedding ceremony, we were chatting online together. I couldn't believe that she was online the day of her wedding. But the selfishness in me was happy she was talking to me. Telling me how she was, what still needed to be done, ect. It made me feel a little more like I was there.

I woke up this morning knowing she was married. I started wondering about how everything went.

Gratefully, I know that my parents are up early. And I called them before 7am their time. I wanted the scoop. I wanted to know everything.

I am still wishing I had been there. And I can hardly wait to get the video of the wedding. I've been grateful for every picture that has been sent to me, and every picture I have found uploaded onto Facebook and blogs. I didn't have to wait long to see some.

I just want her to know how much I love her and if I could turn back the clocks, I would try even harder to be there. But chances are, the outcome would probably still be the same. I miss you so much Coleen and can not wait until the day you and Matt can come out here to visit us.

Here are a few pictures of my sister, Coleen and her husband Matt that I have received before the wedding.







1 comment:

Coleen said...

*hugs* thank you so much! You made me cry, though :-P First when I read it the first time, then again while Rhonda was reading it and I was looking over her shoulder. Not to mention while we spoke on the phone yesterday. I love you SO much! I can't wait until we get the chance to come out there to see you guys!!

March 2007