Today is our 15th Wedding Anniversary. It is crazy to think we have been married for fifteen years.
I decided to make Gardner something for our Anniversary. And I needed the kids help. I wanted to make a Picture Frame for his desk at work. And I planned on putting pictures of the kids inside.
So the kids and I did a mini photo shoot one day. It is so dang hard to get all the kids to look at the same spot at the same time, and smiling. I kept getting Spencer looking at Ian, or Ian grumpy. My rule is the bigger kids look at me while I get Ian to do what I want him to do. But after I took my picture, I could see that one of the bigger kids didn't follow my rules. lol
I did get a few good pictures, dispite the wetness outside or the crap all over my house. Next year, I am going to think ahead and get photos of the kids before the weather turns yucky. lol
I have some pictures that I took that day plus the frame I made for Gardner. It is one that rotates, two different sides. I have been wanting to add these pictures for a good week on the blog. But I knew I couldn't let Gardner see them.
I did upload two pictures on facebook that I wasn't using and Gardner instantly saw them and asked that the kids make him a picture frame for Christmas with a certain picture. I told Gardner I didn't have time for such a project right now. He didn't understand how it could take much of my time. I just couldn't let him know that I already had one done.
Unfortunately, he isn't getting the picture he wanted. But obviously my idea was a great one because I already had the frame for his desk done. I hope he likes the pictures I chose.
Over the last 15 years, We have had really rough times and also the most amazing times.
- Going from thinking we couldn't have any children at all, to having 5 fabulous kids.
- Seeing those fabulous kids for the first time
- Grieving the Loss of Holden.
- All the different places we have lived: Utah, to Colorado, to Wisconsin and now Germany.
- We have had Physical Illnesses during these years as well.
- Camping as a family
- Our 10 Year Anniversary Cruise
- Spending Holidays together
- Having had Exchange Students and Au Pairs Living with us
- Dealing with Spencer getting beat up at school
- Watching our favorite Movie together
- Long Road Trips
- Living a part twice due to work
- Shantal and Spencer's Baptisms
- Times alone together
- And the list just goes on and on and on.
And yet, we have endured it all and grown closer to one another. Our love for each other is continually tested and yet strengthened. I look forward to many more years together dispite how hard they may be. Because I also know they will be glorious and filled with happiness.
Gardner I love you and am so grateful for you in my life.