Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Pink Eye

This morning we were all up and moving, trying to get out the door for work and school. Usually, Gardner leaves first, then Shantal, Spencer and Hannah right afterwards. Everyone is gone by 7:30 am.

Then, I head up and shower so that I can get Emma to school by 9am. She can arrive anytime between 7:30 and 9:00. I showered and came back downstairs to get Emma and Ian dressed. And that is when I saw it. Emma *might* have pink eye. Her eye looked red, but who knows, she could of just gotten something in there.

So I called her doctor but they couldn't get her in until 12 Noon. The timing didn't really work out for me, as I have other kids coming home from school at that time and no way for them to get in the house if i am not here.

Then I decided to head to my doctors office to get my weekly b12 shot. And he looked at it for us and prescribed her some medicine. She has it in both eyes. Just the second eye doesn't look so bad, yet.

Funny thing is, Emma keeps asking me to put more medicine in her eyes. The medicine they have here in Germany is different that what we have used in America. Here, it is a thick gel. I remember the one in America being more watery drops.

Anyway, looks like I will be enjoying having 2 kids home in the morning for a couple of days instead of just 1.

No comments:

March 2007