Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Did He or Didn't He?

Ian has a vocabulary of about 6 words. He is just about 2 1/2 years old. He can say:

  • Mom
  • Papa
  • Hello
  • Hi
  • Home
  • Spongebob

Yes, You saw right. He started with a new word last week. Spongebob. We are just excited that he said Papa before Spongebob.

Anyway, on Sunday, he jumped up on my lap and nestled into me and I swear I heard, "I Love You, Mom". I responded to him instantly, "I love you too, Ian". I looked over at Gardner as he instantly looked over at me. The two of us were wondering if we both had just heard what we thought we heard. And if two of us heard it, it must of really happened.

Now of course, if anyone else would of heard it, they might not of heard those words. Funny how they can make up their own launguage until it comes out real clear. And of course, he hasn't done it since. We have tried with all our might to get him to say something, anything with more than one word at a time.

So I guess the question is, Did he or didn't he speak that sentance that both Gardner and I heard? Either way, I have a feeling it will come real fast. At least, I hope it will.

No comments:

March 2007