Saturday, August 2, 2008

What a Week!

So we have had some woes this week. And honestly, sometimes it becomes too much for me to handle.

It started out on Thursday, I woke up early to head out to the Grocery store so that Gardner could take the car to work. Aldi opens at 8am and I was there right on time. I did some shopping and returned home about 8:20 for him to leave for work. As I was putting the food items away, I went to the freezer to put a few things in that needed to stay frozen.

I found out that some little hands who wanted a popsicle the day before did not close the freezer all the way. And we have 6 drawers inside our upright freezer. And 4 out of the 6 drawers were thawed out.

I spent the day finishing to de-frost my freezer. Throwing away food and finding ways to salvage what I could. Put the stuff that was still frozen either in the fridge or in coolers. The kids enjoyed ice cream and popsicles for breakfast that day.

I finally got the freezer turned back on at 2pm. It was a long day, to say the least and I ran the washing machine 3 times with towels from the water that came from defrosting.

Then that night, I was loading up the dishwasher. I wanted to get everything taken care of so I didn't have to later that night. I hate washing dishes at midnight right before I go to bed. I went to start the dishwasher and I noticed two little blinking lights. There should only be one. And that is when my heart sank and I started to cry.

These two little blinking lights happened just 4 months earlier. And I went the whole month of April with no dishwasher. We are a family of 7 and go through a lot of dishes. I was constantly in the kitchen washing dishes by hand. It was April 30th that it was repaired and we were back in dishwasher heaven. It had only been three months and this dishwasher isn't even 2 years old yet.

So I pulled myself off the floor, wiped my tears and knew that I was not going to let them make me wait a whole month before they came again.

Friday comes and I am sitting in the Living Room and was on the computer to ask Gardner a question. When he is at work, I try to Instant Message him instead of calling him. I was also in the middle of an instant message with my Sister. When all of a sudden, the internet went out.

I spent a good portion of the morning on the phone with the phone company and also the Dishwasher repair services.

Dishwasher is supposed to be repaired on Wednesday Morning. I am bummed that I have to wait a few days, but am grateful it isn't more than a week that I had to wait.

As for the DSL/Phone Company, I didn't have as much luck. There comes a point where my German just isn't good enough to get something fixed and their English isn't good enough either. I knew that Gardner would be able to get it all up and running, but that would require time that we didn't have on this day.

We had a Wedding Reception last night (friday night). And we got home after Midnight. It was 12:30 in the morning when Gardner was finally able to sit down and make the phone call to finish getting our internet back up and running.

And don't get me started on the Emma potty training bit. She had done so well. Everything was great. She caught on so fast. And then we took our trip to Dresden and Prague. I put pull ups on her while we were driving and while we were out and about. And because of those pull ups, we are now back at square one. It is enough to make me want to pull my hair out.

Honestly, a girl can only take so much at one time.


Ann said...

What a terrible week. Hope you're still sane after all that. I hope you're next week is 110% better.

{monica} said...

Poor Tamara...I'm sorry. {hugs} to you! And buy some paper plates. :)

tesstrue said...

it has been a week for you. hope it gets better! {hugs}

Briteeyes said...

Oh dear, apparently I should have read in order of dates,, Hope things get better for ya! *did your dishwasher get fixed?*

March 2007