Sunday, December 30, 2007

Auerbach Schloss

I know I personally have not posted in awhile. My mom and sister had been here visiting and we did a lot of traveling. I have been working on a post but I have so many pictures to share with that. So I will add that later. For now, I want to share about our weekend we just had.

We took the kids down to the temple in Frankfurt for a few days after Christmas. We were going to drive to Heidelberg on Friday for a short day trip. I was there with my mom and Sister and knew exactly how long it would take and a few things to go look at. On our way down there, about half way there, Gardner pointed out a castle on top of this high mountain. We decided to go there instead.

It was Auerbach Schloss. And it was WAY high up. It was amazing driving up this steep mountain. And the higher we got, we were starting to drive into the white witches forest.... (From the Movie The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe: The Chronicles of Narnia). The trees were white and it was so pretty.

We got to the top and went and looked around at the castle. It was nice but part of it was closed due to ice. That was ok. The kids were more intersted in playing in the snow anyway. After walking around a bit, we went to the parking lot and the kids played in the snow for approximately 45 minutes. They had not seen real snow in about two years, since we left Wisconsin. They were loving it. They had snowball fights and just played. They did not want to leave. But a las, we had to because we had forgotten to grab a coat for Ian when we left our house the day before.

Here are some pictures of the day!


















12 comments:

La- said...

OK That sounds like such a fun thing.. just to be able to pick up and change your mind and head to an amazing castle on a mountain!! Those pictures are great!! I especially love the last one of your little peanut!!

La-

Yvette Pupo-Heredia said...

I need to go to Germany!! Love your pictures.

Martina said...

Hey, you were in my neck of the woods - I live about 15 km from Schloss Auerbach!

Rebecca said...

Oh wow, is it beautiful there! Love the photos. I'm glad the kids got to play in the snow again.

Maggie Lamarre said...

excellent pics

Carla said...

Oh Tamara you have some awesome pictures here...so much fun.....so many things to Scrap! Love them!

Kay said...

Sounds like I need to come back and see some of the sights we missed. I'm glad you had such a good time on your little trip. I thought about you the day you left for Frandfurt and remembered our drive there in the rain. I hope you didn't have to face the rain again. I miss you all lots.
Love, Mom

Unknown said...

how adorable! Some great pics.

Coleen said...

Wow!! Such great pictures!! Now I really have to come back so that we can do a castle tour of some kind :-)

britentj said...

How fun!! I would love to go to Germany and see all the history that is there! We drove our kids to Cedar City for snow this year, no where near as adventerous but fun non the less! LOL Happy New Year!!!

SuzyQ said...

Wow! Gorgeous photos and scenery. Love all the pictures of the family too!

Kay's Puppy said...

Hi Again:
Took a break (from work) to catch up. Funny how without mom over there I visit less. New Years resolution is to keep up with our grandchildren.

I especially loved pictures of castle.

Lov Y'all
Dad (grandpa)

March 2007